- "Forget the Empire's freeze-dried junk. These blue-milk pancakes are terrific!"
"Finally, someone who appreciates my fine cuisine."
- ―Bren Derlin and R0-GR
Blue-milk pancakes were a type of blue-colored pancakes made with blue milk. The B1-series battle droid R0-GR made the pancakes for his friend Kordi Freemaker, but she lied to the droid so that she would not have to eat them. R0-GR also made them for Rebel Alliance Major Bren Derlin after the droid and a family of scavengers, the Freemakers, rescued him.
Blue-milk pancakes were a type of blue-colored pancakes made with blue milk, a rich milk that was produced by female banthas. The pancakes were cut into circular-shaped slices and had bubbles on the top of them.
- "What are you doing here?"
"What? Um… Well, obviously, your friends sent me on a blue milk run."
"Oh, okay. […] You lie! Kordi's allergic to blue milk! That's why she can't eat my blue-milk pancakes."
- ―R0-GR asking Hondo Ohnaka why he is on the StarScavenger
Blue-milk pancakes were made by B1-series battle droid R0-GR for his friend Kordi Freemaker, but Kordi did not like the pancakes, so she lied and informed him that she was allergic to blue milk so that she would not have to eat the food made by R0-GR. In 4 ABY, the Weequay pirate Hondo Ohnaka had absconded with the StarScavenger, a starship owned by R0-GR and a family of scavengers, the Freemakers. R0-GR encountered Ohnaka on the ship and asked him why he was on it, so the pirate explained that the Freemakers had sent him on a blue milk run.
R0-GR realized Ohnaka had lied and was stealing the ship, as his friend Kordi Freemaker had informed him that she was allergic to blue milk, which was why she could not eat his blue-milk pancakes. R0-GR then remembered that she had drank blue milkshakes, realizing that she had been lying to him in order to avoid eating his pancakes. Later on, after the Freemakers rescued Rebel Alliance Major Bren Derlin, R0-GR made the pancakes for him. Derlin exclaimed his joy for the pancakes, stating his preference of the pancakes over the Galactic Empire's freeze-dried food. R0-GR then expressed his appreciation for Derlin's comments on the pancakes.
Behind the scenes
Blue-milk pancakes appeared in "The Storms of Taul," the fifth episode in the second season of the non-canon animated series LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures that aired on August 2, 2017.
Notes and references
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Storms of Taul"
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- According to LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures take place between the events of Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas establishes take place in 3 ABY and 4 ABY, respectively. In "Return of the Kyber Saber," it is the twenty-third anniversary of the proclamation of the New Order, which Galactic Atlas establishes took place in 19 BBY. "Return of the Kyber Saber" must therefore be set in 4 ABY, and "The Storms of Taul," which takes place after "Return of the Kyber Saber," must also be set in that same year. , the events of