A blurrg (plural: blurrg or blurrgs) was a non-sentient, two-legged beast of burden found throughout the galaxy. Blurrgs were notably used by the Twi'lek Resistance and Free Ryloth movement during the Clone Wars and Imperial Era, and they were also corralled by the moisture farmer Kuiil on Arvala-7.
Biology and appearanceEdit
The Twi'lek Resistance on Ryloth rode blurrgs in battle during the Battle of Ryloth, where they were used at the final offensive against Separatist forces in Lessu, charging at droid troops with the Grand Army of the Republic's Lightning Squadron. During the time of the Mission to Zygerria, some blurrgs were sold in the markets of Zygerria. Around 9 ABY, the bounty hunter known as "the Mandalorian" and the Ugnaught Kuiil tamed and rode blurrgs during the hunters' mission to Arvala-7.
Behind the scenesEdit
In the Star Wars canon, blurrgs first appeared in "Liberty on Ryloth," an episode of the animated television series Star Wars: The Clone Wars that first aired in 2009. In the Star Wars Legends continuity, blurrgs first appeared in the 1985 television film Ewoks: The Battle for Endor, and were based on a creature sketched for the 1980 film Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back.
- Star Wars Battlefront II (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Supply Lines"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Liberty on Ryloth" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Slaves of the Republic"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Hera's Heroes"
- Thrawn: Alliances (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Empire's End (Mentioned only)
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 1"
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 2"
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 7"
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire (Mentioned only)
- (as blurgg)
- (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: Alien Archive