- "Only the Honor Guard of Lasan may carry a bo-rifle!"
- ―Garazeb Orrelios, to ISB Agent Alexsandr Kallus
The bo-rifle was a type of weapon used exclusively by the Honor Guard of Lasan; it was considered a great insult if it was used by anyone else. It was a unique combination of the functions of an electrostaff and a blaster rifle. It consists of a staff that could be collapsed to a length roughly equivalent to a standard blaster rifle. When extended, the weapon's tip(s) are electrified up to 11,000 volts and tended to be either purple or yellow in color and are the primary contact points of the weapon during combat. The number of tips on the weapon depended on the model (AB-75 and J-19 had two, the CJ-9 had one). The weapon is then used in melee combat as a quarterstaff. When retracted, the weapon's blaster function is used and functions as a blaster rifle.
Following the devastation of Lasan, bo-rifles were rarely seen in the galaxy, although some would later fall into the hands of both the Alliance to Restore the Republic as well as the Galactic Empire.
Agent Kallus, a member of the Galactic Empire, acquired his bo-rifle via the Boosahn Keeraw: the warrior way of the Lasat species in which a Lasat gifted their weapon to their opponent after being defeated in combat.
- (Picture only)
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide (First identified as bo-rifle)
- Ultimate Sticker Collection: Star Wars Rebels
- Star Wars Rebels: Visual Guide: Epic Battles
- (Set: 75106 Imperial Assault Carrier)
- "The Rebel Bruiser"—Star Wars Insider 152
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files (Picture only)
- Dawn of Rebellion
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide