- "Is that vessel actually floating on the water?"
- ―Has Obitt
A boat, also known as a surface ship, or simply a ship, was a vehicle designed to navigate or "sail," on water. Ships equipped for naval warfare were referred to as warships. Examples of these types of vehicles were aircraft carriers, submarines, and waveskimmers. By analogy, crafts designed to "navigate" in interstellar space were referred to as starships.
Most Pamarthens of the ocean-dominated planet Pamarthe had to learn how to sail a boat before they were taught how to fly a starship. The crime lord known as Big String once used a boat to try and escape the bounty hunter Chanath Cha. On the Endor Moon, the Ewoks who lived in stilt villages built over lakes used small sailboats.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (Picture only)
- Ghosts of Dathomir
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Ultimate Sticker Collection
- Dawn of Rebellion (First identified as surface ship)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 53 (Highlights of the Saga: Operation Yellow Moon)
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Directing"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Legacy"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Cast"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Technology"
- The Art of Star Wars: The Mandalorian Season One
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian: Making of Season Two