Boats, also known as ships, were utilized for aquatic or maritime duties by both civilians and military units. They were made out of wood or metal, depending on the era or purpose. As such, some destroyed ships had their remains sink to the bottom of the body of water. While many in the galaxy needed to travel between the stars, those living solely in one place on their home planets required less sophisticated varieties of transport.
The boats of Somov Rit varied in size, but seemed to follow similar, simple designs. The people of Somov Rit used long poles to push the boats through the marshy waters. The elder Governor Quarg of Drexel exiled a number of technos on the boat to be left adrift, thinking they would perish at sea; instead, they became the first Dragon Lords. On Naboo, both Gungans and the Human colonists developed a variety of sophisticated aquatic vehicles. Nevertheless, simple fishing rigs were still used by the fishermen, such as ones in the Solleu River in Theed. Simple wind-blown boats and canoes were also used by people of Cerea, as well as Ewoks.
The fishermen of the Rebel Alliance safe world colony Sanctuary used steam-driven wooden seafaring vessels to catch fish in the planet's deep oceans. During the Galactic Civil War, the self-styled Governor Quarg and his ship-dwellers lived in the Great Ship, a reconverted aquatic vessel that served as a floating habitat.
- Lost Tribe of the Sith: Pandemonium
- Star Wars: Jedi vs. Sith
- Star Wars: Republic: Prelude to Rebellion
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (video game)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
- Dark Times 16: Blue Harvest, Part 4
- Star Wars: Droids—"Across the Roon Sea"
- "Ringers"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 6 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 12: Doomworld! (First appearance)
- Star Wars 13: Day of the Dragon Lords!
- Star Wars 14: The Sound of Armageddon
- Star Wars 15: Star Duel
- The Wookiee Storybook (Mentioned only)
- Ewoks 9: The Underwater Kingdom
- Ewoks—"The Land of the Gupins"
- Ewoks—"Prow Beaten"
- Ewoks—"Battle for the Sunstar" (Mentioned only)
- Death in the Undercity
- "The Spira Regatta"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 1
- "Loyalties"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 4
- "Combat Moon"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 9 (as rowboat)
- Star Tours (Tokyo only)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- Star Wars Word Puzzles
- Monsters and Aliens from George Lucas (Non-canonical appearance)
- The Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
- Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters (as ship)
- Cracken's Rebel Field Guide (as ship)
- Planets of the Galaxy, Volume One (as ship)
- Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races, Second Edition (as sailing ship)
- The Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- "The Free-Trader's Guide to Sevarcos"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 2 (as sailing ship)
- The Star Wars Planets Collection (as ship)
- "The Greel Wood Haven"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 6 (as sailing vessel)
- (as sailing ship) (Reprint)
- Suns of Fortune
- Strongholds of Resistance