- "I was recruited by a man called Tyranus on one of the moons of Bogden."
- ―Jango Fett
Orbited by at least 20 moons, Bogden suffered from the immense pressures of gravitational tides, and the planet's surface was literally pulled apart. The few who called Bogden home were forced to adapt to the shifting, seismic terrain, though most of Bogden's visitors were outlaws on the run, smugglers, or bounty hunters.
The planet once suffered a catastrophic war which lasted a thousand years. This interplanetary conflict for the control of the system devastated the orbit and surface of Bogden. The planet was now surrounded by a ring of debris of hundred of thousands destroyed starships and only ruins remained at the surface from the civilization that once inhabited the planet.
Eventually, the Bando Gora, led by Komari Vosa, used Bogden's moon Kohlma as a base of operations for their plans of galactic domination. Jango Fett was hired to track down Komari Vosa, and eventually discovered the war-ravaged moon. After the death of Vosa, Jango was recruited by Count Dooku to be the prime template for the Clone Army and the Bando Gora presumably collapsed. Shortly before his encounter with Komari Vosa, Jango defeated his rival, Montross, and left him to face a grueling end at the hands of the Bando Gora cultists.
Behind the scenes
In A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded, Bogden is erroneously called "Bodgen". The mistake was repeated again later until the correct spelling was confirmed in The Unseen Planets of Episode II.
Bogden and the Bogden sector appeared in the preview for Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice (published in Legacy of the Force: Exile) but they were cut from the final version and respectively replaced by Contruum and the Contruum system.
- Knights of the Old Republic 12: Reunion, Part 2 (Mentioned only)
- Red Harvest (Mentioned only)
- Cloak of Deception (Mentioned only)
- Maul: Lockdown (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
- Jango Fett: Open Seasons 1
- Star Wars Adventures 4: Jango Fett vs. the Razor Eaters (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones novelization (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones comic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones junior novel (Mentioned only)
- Boba Fett: The Fight to Survive
- Boba Fett: Maze of Deception (Mentioned only)
- MedStar II: Jedi Healer (Mentioned only)
- Boba Fett: A New Threat (Mentioned only)
- Dark Times 6: Parallels, Part 1
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Droids—"The Revenge of Kybo Ren" (First appearance)
- Star Tours (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice (Canceled)
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The Illustrated Companion
- "The Unseen Planets of Episode II"—Star Wars Insider 80
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Starships of the Galaxy, Saga Edition
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 83 ("Bogden")
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Boba Fett: The Fight to Survive
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 4.8 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 MedStar II: Jedi Healer
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Warfare, p. 22
- ↑ Star Wars: Bounty Hunter