The boiler rifle was a model of short-range blaster rifle used by the Kanjiklub criminal group. The group's Lieutenant Razoo Qin-Fee maintained and modified the weapons, illegally doubling their firepower by using explosive Tibanna gas. Two members of the gang carried boiler rifles while boarding the smuggler Han Solo's freighter, the Eravana, in 34 ABY.
Boiler rifles were a type of short-range blaster rifle. The body, grip, and trigger of the modified boiler rifles used by the Kanjiklub criminal gang were black in color, as was the weapon's stock, which attached to the body on an extended recoil-absorbing stalk. The barrel was silver in color and had a spin-sealed bottle of explosive Tibanna gas attached to its underside, a modification that doubled the weapon's firepower but was dangerous and illegal. The rifles also had a scope attached above the body, although these were mostly for show due to the rifle's short range.
During the cold war between the Resistance and the First Order, boiler rifles were used by members of the Kanjiklub criminal organization. Lieutenant Razoo Qin-Fee maintained the boiler rifles used by its members, constantly modifying and upgrading them.
In the year 34 ABY, Kanjiklub members Tolomar Reez and Volzang Li-Thrull carried Tibanna-jacked boiler rifles when they boarded the Baleen-class heavy freighter Eravana to try and reclaim a debt from the smuggler Han Solo; however, the rifles were unable to penetrate the skin of the deadly rathtars that the gang members encountered onboard.
Behind the scenesEdit
Boiler rifles first appeared in the 2015 sequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. They were first identified by name in Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, a reference book written by Pablo Hidalgo in conjunction with the film.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as boiler rifle)
- Ultimate Sticker Collection: Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which includes the skirmish aboard the Eravana, to 34 ABY.