The bombardment of Shalam was committed by the Imperial Grand Admiral Ishin-Il-Raz between 2 BBY and the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY. The attack, taking place on the planet Shalam in the Inner Rim, was part of Il-Raz's attempt to earn the approval of Galactic Emperor Palpatine, which included several other engagements such as the Massacre of Myomar. From the bridge of his Star Destroyer, the Emperor's Disciple, Il-Raz oversaw the bombardment, which was a victory for the Empire.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Who's Who: Imperial Grand Admirals"—Star Wars Insider 66 (First mentioned)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II ("Ishin-Il-Raz")
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 "Who's Who: Imperial Grand Admirals"—Star Wars Insider 66
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 According to "Who's Who: Imperial Grand Admirals," the bombardment occurred at some point after Ishin-Il-Raz received the rank of Grand Admiral two years before the Battle of Yavin, which corresponds to 2 BBY, according to The New Essential Chronology. Additionally, "Who's Who" places the bombardment prior to Palpatine's death at the Battle of Endor, which The New Essential Chronology dates to 4 ABY.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 118 ("Ishin-Il-Raz")
- ↑ Shalam system — Based on corresponding data for