Bondar was a type of lightsaber crystal.
Bondar crystals converted the energy of a lightsaber blade into a different form of energy. A lightsaber constructed with a bondar crystal would stun rather than cut, and so during the Old Republic era were used in training sabers.
Behind the scenesEdit
The portrayal of this crystal is slightly different between sources.
In the video game, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic this crystal is presented as a lightsaber upgrade. It has a 25% chance to stun an opponent on hit for one round.
In the later Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide for the Saga Edition Roleplaying Game, player created Jedi may use a Bondar crystal instead of an Ilum crystal when building a lightsaber. If they do so, the saber becomes a nonlethal stunning weapon. This article presumes that the later portrayal is correct, as the differentiation between colour and upgrade crystals is only made in the Knights of the old republic and Force Unleashed video games.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Strongholds
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (Wii Version)
- Star Wars Galaxies
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Jedi Academy Training Manual
- Star Wars: Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force