Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side is a reference book on the Sith Order and the dark side of the Force by Daniel Wallace. It was released on February 10, 2012 bundled with a collector's case and additional items. It was released on April 16, 2013 without the case or additional items.
The book was released again on August 8, 2014 as part of Star Wars: The Jedi Path and Book of Sith Deluxe Box Set with The Jedi Path that included two art prints depicting figures from Sith and Jedi history, and again in September 27, 2016 as Star Wars: Secrets of the Galaxy Deluxe Boxed Set with the Imperial Handbook and Bounty Hunter Code.
Remove the disposable exterior box to reveal the black-and-red pyramid-shaped Sith case. It appears innocuous at first.
The Sith have existed in the galaxy for centuries, lurking, waiting for their chance to seize control. As various Sith Lords emerged and rose to power, they recorded their thoughts, exploits, and plots for Sith control of the galaxy. When they fell, their knowledge vanished with them forever. Or so it seemed. . . .
Over the years, these writings were passed among numerous Sith and Jedi, who added their comments to the pages. In his quest for domination, Darth Sidious tracked down what remained of five pivotal Sith texts written by his most powerful predecessors. Then, drawing on the knowledge within the compiled pages, he wrote a sixth text—his own manifesto. Together, these documents, along with several collected objects associated with them, shed light on the philosophy, achievements, and failures of the Sith Order. For years, this collection remained hidden, existing as legend only. But now all who are tempted may unlock the Book of Sith and delve into the dark side. . . .
From the creators of The Jedi Path, in collaboration with Lucasfilm, Book of Sith reveals the mystery and madness of the dark side—while introducing new characters, history, as well as sinister insights into what it means to be a Sith Master.
Recovered dark side texts:
- A chronicle by Sorzus Syn of her encounters with Sith Purebloods, explorations in alchemy, and the foundations of the Sith Order.
- A war journal kept by Darth Malgus during the Great Galactic War, describing methods of war and the campaigns of the Sith army.
- A source book by Darth Bane that details the idea and the philosophy behind the Rule of Two as well as the training required for a Sith.
- An instructional manual by Mother Talzin exploring the Nightsisters's use of the dark side and their role as dark side mercenaries in the galaxy.
- A scientific journal by Darth Plagueis with notes about his experimentation with and manipulation of the Force.
- Darth Sidious's manifesto about the philosophy and political manipulation that marked his rise to power and established his Empire.
Removable features: A scrap of a Sith burial shroud, a battle map from the Great Galactic War, a Sith lightsaber crystal, a Nightsister talisman, a diagram detailing Palpatine's political strategies during the Clone Wars, and a propaganda poster for the Galactic Empire, and a note from Luke Skywalker
In his quest for total domination, Darth Sidious compiled six legendary dark side texts detailing Sith history and philosophy by Sorzus Syn, Darth Malgus, Darth Bane, Mother Talzin, Darth Plagueis, and himself. Together these documents form the Book of Sith. Over the centuries, the texts were passed among Force users who left handwritten notes and annotations in the margins, including Darth Vader, Yoda, Mace Windu, and Luke Skywalker, among others. Collected by acclaimed Star Wars writer Daniel Wallace and embellished by numerous esteemed Star Wars illustrators, this volume introduces new characters and history, and delves deeper into understanding the philosophies and methods behind the dark side of the Force.
Locations of removable items
- Note from Luke Skywalker (inside front cover)
- Scrap of a Sith burial shroud (between pages 44 and 45)
- Coruscant battle map from the Great Galactic War (between pages 62 and 63)
- Diagram detailing Palpatine's political strategies during the Clone Wars (between pages 148 and 149)
- Propaganda poster for the Galactic Empire (between pages 156 and 157)
- Sith lightsaber crystal (located beneath Book of Sith within Sith Holocron)
- Nightsister talisman (located beneath Book of Sith within Sith Holocron)
The caption under the picture on Page 13 claims that Xendor and the Legions of Lettow fought the Jedi on "Corbos." Based on the text on the same page this was a typo, and instead, the caption should have read "Columus." Corbos was correctly referred to in the caption and text of the previous page.
Both typo were later amended in all future publications of the book.
- ISBN 9781612182612; February 10, 2012; Becker&mayer!; Vault Edition
- ISBN 9781452118154; April 16, 2013; Chronicle Books; Regular edition
- ISBN 9781452126418; August 8, 2014; Chronicle Books; Star Wars: The Jedi Path and Book of Sith Deluxe Box Set
- ISBN 9781452159256; September 27, 2016; Chronicle Books; Star Wars: Secrets of the Galaxy Deluxe Boxed Set
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology