The boomas, also known as boomers or energy balls used by the Gungans were spherical, grenade-like energy weapons. They were manufactured by the Otoh Gunga Defense League with the exotic plasma that was naturally present in the porous crust of Naboo, They came in different sizes, and could be thrown by hand, sling, atlatl, cesta or falumpaset-towed catapult. Boomas were used by the Gungan Grand Army, notably during the Battle of Naboo.
Behind the scenesEdit
Boomers first appeared in the 1999 movie Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, the first installment in the prequel trilogy of Star Wars. Industrial Light & Magic created them using the Sabre digital compositing system, which was also used to give the Gungan energy shield its glow, and illuminate the lightsaber blades of the Jedi.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Gungan Attack"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow Warrior"
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Nexus of Power
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy From A To Z (as energy ball)
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- ; image #3