The bordoks were a vaguely equine herbivore native to the forest moon of Endor. They were used by Ewoks as pack animals and mounts when tamed. Bordoks were very sure-footed and, in spite of their size, capable of carrying very large loads.
Although somewhat similar in appearance to horses, bordoks were not true equines. They had upward-curving horns that were short on young females but could grow larger on an adult male. Bordoks also had split hooves that helped them climb through the trees of their arboreal home.
There were two species of bordoks: The lesser bordok grew to no more than 1.5 meters tall at the shoulder. The rarer greater bordok could reach twice this size. Both species were fairly intelligent, and were not startled easily. However, they did instinctively become more skittish at night due to the various nocturnal predators that stalked the moon's surface.
Adult bordoks were extremely protective of their young and, when domesticated, over their master as well. Herding instinct was so strong that adult males sometimes sacrificed themselves for the good of the herd, fighting predators while the others escaped. Young bordoks were commonly taken as pets and often developed lifelong bonds with their owners. Princess Kneesaa a Jari Kintaka had a pet baby lesser bordok named Baga.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Droids—"The Pirates of Tarnoonga" (toy)
- Star Wars: Droids—"Coby and the Starhunters"
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Ewoks 2: Rites of Power
- Wicket Finds a Way: An Ewok Adventure (First appearance)
- Ewoks 8: Eye of the Kreegon
- Ewoks 14: King for a Day
- Ewoks—"The Cries of the Trees"
- Ewoks—"Tree of Light" (Mentioned only by Paploo)
- Ewoks—"Wicket's Wagon"
- Ewoks—"The Wish Plant"
- Ewoks—"Princess Latara"
- Ewoks—"The Raich"
- Ewoks—"The Totem Master"
- Ewoks—"Night of the Stranger"
- Ewoks—"The First Apprentice" (Picture only)
- Ewoks—"Baga's Rival"
- Ewoks—"The Tragic Flute"
- Ewoks—"Just My Luck"
- Ewoks—"Bringing Up Norky"
- Ewoks—"Party Ewok"
- Star Wars: Ewoks—Shadows of Endor
- Fate of the Jedi: Omen
Sources[edit | edit source]
- "Star Wars Kids Feature Planet: Endor"—Star Wars Kids 6
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Alien Anthology
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- "Best of Hyperspace"—Star Wars Insider 91
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia