In the years after the end of the Clone Wars, the planet was ruled by the Galactic Empire through an Imperial governorship. Governor Quesl, however, declared the planet's secession against the Empire, mobilizing the Botajef Defense Force to defend the planet against the Imperial Star Destroyer Chimaera captained by Commodore Thrawn. Thrawn, however, defused the situation after revealing the secession was merely a ruse to facilitate the governor's theft of a collection of extremely valuable Jefi artwork, returning Botajef to the Empire's fold.
- Thrawn (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- The Last Jedi: Bomber Command
- The Last Jedi: Rose Tico: Resistance Fighter