Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Designed to fill the role occupied by the aging Victory I-class Star Destroyer, the Bothan Assault Cruiser was armed with twenty-four heavy dual turbolaser cannons, twenty turbolaser cannons, ten ion cannons, twenty proton torpedo launchers with sixteen missile magazines, and four tractor beam projectors.
In addition to the array of weapon emplacements, the cruiser's two hangars carried four squadrons of starfighters. Dorsal and ventral hangars were located amidships and fitted with launch apertures that allowed for flexible deployment and rapid recovery. Cruisers also contained rear meditation cabins, equipped with transparisteel arches for viewing space.
Defensively, the Bothan Assault Cruiser was a vast improvement to the Victory-class Star Destroyers it was intended to replace. Both armor and shields on the cruisers were 150 percent heavier than on the Victory-class.
History[edit | edit source]
Designed after peace was declared between the New Republic and Imperial Remnant, many questioned the motivation of the Bothans. Some declared it a wasteful program pushed by Borsk Fey'lya simply for the Bothans' benefit, while others feared it was a sign of impending Bothan aggression.
By 40 ABY Bothan Assault Cruisers were part of the fleet of the Confederation, after the Bothan government seceded from the Galactic Alliance in response to the assassination of several key Bothan politicians.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide I: Onslaught (First appearance)
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide II: Ruin
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse
- The New Jedi Order: Balance Point
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory II: Rebirth
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star
- The New Jedi Order: Destiny's Way
- The New Jedi Order: Ylesia
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic I: Remnant (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force
- Legacy of the Force: Exile
- Legacy of the Force: Inferno
- Legacy of the Force: Invincible (In flashback(s))