- "Alright, you don't have to gloat, you little worm. Everyone knows how good you are at catching people by surprise."
- ―Lando Calrissian, to a disguised Leia Organa whom he thought was Boushh
Boushh was a male Ubese from Uba IV who worked as a bounty hunter. Following his little-known demise at the hands of the Black Sun crime syndicate, Princess Leia Organa impersonated him in order to infiltrate Jabba's Palace and free Han Solo.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Early life[edit | edit source]
Ord Mantell[edit | edit source]
- "So what's the plan?"
"Patience. The solution will present itself."
[Boushh fires at the group]
"We've got a problem!"
"No, that's the solution!"
- ―Leia Organa and Maz Kanata
In 4 ABY, Boushh was located on Ord Mantell, where he encountered Princess Leia Organa, the Wookiee Chewbacca, and the astromech droid R2-D2, Rebel Alliance members who traveled to the world in the Millennium Falcon. The wanted fugitives sought help from Maz Kanata regarding the recently captured Han Solo, held in carbonite by Jabba the Hutt.
Leading the rebels down an alleyway, Kanata assured an anxious Leia Organa that her solution would present itself with patience. Before Organa could respond, Boushh attacked the group, yet after a brief exchange of blaster fire and melee combat, Boushh was disarmed by a calm and collected Leia Organa, before being downed by R2-D2 with a nearby machinery and stunned unconscious by Maz Kanata. Boushh's armor was then taken by Organa as a disguise, per Kanata's suggestion, as a solution to her plans to infiltrate Jabba's Palace and rescue Han Solo.
Demise and legacy[edit | edit source]
- «I have come for the bounty on this Wookiee.»
- ―Leia Organa, impersonated as Boushh[src]
Boushh's career ended that year when he tried to blackmail the Black Sun crime syndicate, which resulted in his death. Taking advantage of the fact that Boushh's demise wasn't widely known, Leia Organa used his armor and helmet for infiltration missions.
On one such occasion, Organa utilized the armor on Arkanis in order to rescue Lando Calrissian from bounty hunters, including the infamous Trandoshan Bossk. Cementing Boushh's reputation with Bossk, Leia Organa's preparation for rescuing Han Solo neared completion.
Once again employing her ruse at Jabba's Palace, Organa secured Boushh's stay at the Hutt's criminal headquarters. However, the desperate lover failed to fool Jabba who, prior to Organa's entrance into his Palace in demand for an audience with the Hutt, had been informed by Boba Fett that it would not actually be Boushh under the helmet. Jabba presumed that it was actually a smuggler using Boushh's armor and helmet.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Heavily-clad in a distinctive bounty-hunter gear, Boushh wore an all-leather outfit, gloves, and a head-concealing helmet with a metal speech scrambler and head bracket equipped with a vision-plus scanner and built-in targeting laser. Boushh wielded a long lance tipped with a shock blade.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Boushh was created for the 1983 Star Wars film Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi. In the film, Leia Organa impersonates Boushh in an attempt to negotiate with Jabba the Hutt about the price of Chewbacca. Boushh's vocal sounds while communicating with Jabba were provided by Pat Welsh. In Star Wars: Forces of Destiny, Boushh was voiced by Matt Lanter.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Non-canon appearances[edit | edit source]
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (DLC only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary states that Maz Kanata helped Leia Organa acquire the Ubese armor for her Boushh disguise on Ord Mantell thirty years before the Starkiller Incident, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY. Therefore the events on Ord Mantell must take place in 4 ABY. Boushh's Star Wars: Card Trader card states that he died prior to Leia using his armor during rescue of Han Solo, which the Galactic Atlas dates to 4 ABY. As Boushh was still alive during the events on Ord Mantell, as shown in "Bounty Hunted", he had to have died sometime in 4 ABY, between the events on Ord Mantell and the rescue of Han Solo.
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary states that Maz Kanata helped Leia Organa acquire the Ubese armor for her Boushh disguise on Ord Mantell thirty years before the Starkiller Incident, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY. Therefore the events on Ord Mantell must take place in 4 ABY.
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Bounty Hunted"
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Age of Rebellion - Princess Leia 1
- Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization
- Galactic Phrase Book & Travel Guide, pp. 151, 154-155