- "Before we begin our first challenge let me say there is only one rule inside the Box; There are no rules."
- ―Moralo Eval, to the contestants of the Box.
The Box was an enormous, cubical structure designed by criminal mastermind Moralo Eval. Its interior was capable of shifting into numerous configurations ranging from ray shields to flamethrowers, and was designed to test the skill of bounty hunters. It later inspired the design of the Imperial Academy's testing ground, the Well.
History[edit | edit source]
- "Your box does not appear to be as much of a challenge as I thought. Perhaps I should put Hardeen in charge of the mission."
"But, this was my plan. You promised me the lead role."
"You have one last test to change my mind."
"Do not fear, Count Dooku. I will show you who is weak."
- ―Count Dooku and Eval discussing who will lead the mission to kidnap Palpatine
In 20 BBY, during the Clone Wars, Confederate leader Count Dooku held a tournament on Serenno. It was there that Dooku and Moralo Eval invited several bounty hunters; Cad Bane, Bulduga, Derrown, Embo, Jakoli, Obi-Wan Kenobi (disguised as Rako Hardeen), Mantu, Onca, Sinrich, Sixtat, Kiera Swan, and Twazzi. Together, they would see who would survive the tournament. Only five survived the Box: Bane, Derrown, Embo, Hardeen and Twazzi, while the rest were killed. Dooku urged Hardeen to finish off Eval after he had beaten him in a fight, but Hardeen spared his life and said he was just there to do his job and get paid. The five who survived would work with Bane as part of his group along with Eval. Together, they would attempt to kidnap Supreme Chancellor Palpatine.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Box" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis on Naboo" (In flashback(s))
- "Bane's Story"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark (Mentioned only)