- "A cargo vessel carrying a shipment of some less than legal merchandise has gotten us all into quite a bad spot. It seems as though this vessel has been leaking chemicals all over the landscape infecting a very large percentage of the local herbivores. We have an idea on how to solve the problem, but we are going to need your help."
- ―Braganta, to a Force-sensitive spacer
Braganta was a Human female naturalist who lived during the time of the Galactic Civil War. Cerca 1 ABY, Braganta became concerned when a cargo vessel carrying illegal merchandise began leaking chemicals all over the landscape of Naboo, infecting a large percentage of local herbivores. With the help of a Force-sensitive spacer who was undergoing Jedi training, several falumpasets were destroyed, stymieing a spread of the chemical infestation.
Biography[edit | edit source]
- "What I need you to do is kill 20 Falumpaset, [sic] those are the creatures who ate up the largest portions of the sludge that was spilt. Once you've taken down 20 of them come back here and let me know."
"Ah those poor creatures. But I suppose it's best to destroy them before this can spread to others."
- ―Braganta and a Force-sensitive spacer
A Human female by the name of Braganta lived during the time of the Galactic Civil War, a major conflict between the Galactic Empire and the Alliance to Restore the Republic. By the time following the Battle of Yavin, Branganta worked as a naturalist. Cerca 1 ABY, she learned of a cargo vessel carrying a shipment of less than legal merchandise. This vessel ended up leaking chemicals all over the landscape of the planet Naboo, infecting a large percentage of the local herbivores, including falumpasets in particular. She and her compatriots had an idea on how to solve the problem, but she required the help of someone skilled enough to accomplish the task.
Fortunately for Braganta, she was approached by a Force-sensitive spacer undergoing a series of Jedi Trials. As part of their training, the Padawan traveled the galaxy in search of citizens facing difficult situations. After hearing Braganta's plight, the Jedi-to-be reluctantly agreed to destroy a number of the creatures who ingested the chemicals, viewing it as a time in which a greater good outweighed a lesser evil. Because the falumpasets were the creatures which ate up the largest portion of the sludge that was spilled, Braganta instructed the Force-sensitive to destroy twenty of them. The spacer accomplished this task, thus stymieing the spread of the infestation before any serious consequences could arise. Although Braganta lamented the loss of such innocent creatures, she knew it was necessary, and commended the Force-sensitive for a job well done.
Personality and traits[edit | edit source]
- "Well done. You took to that quite well. Sad business, but necessary. This kind of thing happens from time to time."
- ―Braganta, to a Force-sensitive spacer
Braganta had dark skin, black hair, and brown-colored eyes. Committed to her job as a naturalist, Braganta proved willing to eliminate creatures that posed a threat to the ecosystem. However, as evidenced by the case of the infected falumpasets, she did not derive any enjoyment from eliminating such creatures, merely viewing it as sad, but necessary business.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- Braganta: "Oh dear, we have quite the problem."
- Player: "I assume that is the royal 'we', correct?"
- Braganta: "Not exactly, so are you willing to hear the problem? Or no?"
- Player: "No. And I'm sorry I spoke to you in the first place."
- Braganta: "I see. Well, thanks anyway."
- ―Dialogue options, when players refused to accept Braganta's quest[src]
Braganta was a non-player character in the 2003 video game Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by Sony Online Entertainment and published by LucasArts, prior to its closure on December 15, 2011. She was added to the game on August 31, 2004 as part of Publish 10, which revamped the process for becoming a Jedi in the form of newly implemented Padawan Trial quests. Braganta was involved in one of the sixteen trial quests that players could complete, which required the player to kill twenty falumpasets. Players would need to complete eight of these sixteen trial quests successfully in order to qualify as a Jedi Initiate. Because the trial quests were randomly assigned, it was possible for players to not be assigned Braganta's quest. It was also possible for players to refuse the quest, or to fail up to three of the trials before being forced to restart the entire process over again. However, this article assumes 100% game completion under the light sided character choices. Each of the trial quests had a core moral that needed to be applied. In Braganta's quest, the moral was, "A Jedi must understand that there are times when a greater good outweighs a lesser evil." With the release of Publish 25's New Game Enhancements on November 15, 2005, the Jedi profession was once again revamped, this time to simply become a starter profession. The Padawan Trial quests were rendered defunct as a result, effectively removing Braganta from the game.