Brasmon Kee was an Abednedo male who served as senator for his homeworld Abednedo in the New Republic Senate. In the year 34 ABY, Kee was present on the planet Hosnian Prime while it hosted the Senate, and was killed when the all of the planets in the Hosnian system were destroyed by the First Order's Starkiller Base superweapon. Kee had pink skin and gray hair, and while on Hosnian Prime wore a brown patterned robe with the Regent's turban.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Brasmon Kee was created to appear in Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which was released on December 18, 2015. The senator is not actually visible in the final release of the film, but appeared in the reference book Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo and released the same day as the film.
Like all members of the Abednedo species named by Hidalgo in the Visual Dictionary, the character was named in reference to a song by the Beastie Boys, as director of The Force Awakens J.J. Abrams is a big fan of the group. Kee's name is a reference to the song "Brass Monkey".
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas establishes the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, including the Hosnian Cataclysm, take place in the year 34 ABY.
- Star Wars Year By Year: A Visual History, Updated and Expanded Edition
- "50 Things to Notice in Star Wars: The Force Awakens"—Star Wars Insider 165