Born on Lantillies, Bren Quersey dreamed of attending the Imperial Raithal Academy, but washed out, instilling in him a desire for vengeance against those who failed to see his worth. As a member of the Rebel Alliance's Dantooine Squadron, Quersey was paired with Wedge Antilles, who had trained him on X-wings, by General Jan Dodonna in the hope that Antilles' dedication to the Rebellion would calm Quersey's anger.
In 0 BBY, he was transferred to Red Squadron, taking the place of veteran pilot Jal Te Gniev. Flying a T-65 X-wing starfighter assigned to him by Antilles under the call sign Red Eight, Quersey participated in the Battle of Yavin, scoring a hit on Black Two "Mauler" Mithel, but failing to neutralise the TIE pilot, before being killed in action himself.
Behind the scenes
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: Bren Quersey) (backup link) (First identified as Bren Quersey)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: Red 8) (backup link)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Official Star Wars Fact File (2013) Part 1 (YAV1-2, The Battle of Yavin)