- "Brentaal is in the Core. If we're to get there safely and quickly, we'll need to take one of the main hyperlane routes."
- ―Leia Organa
Description[edit | edit source]
A planet in the Core Worlds region of the galaxy, Brentaal IV was located at the confluence of the Hydian Way and the Perlemian Trade Route, positioned at the coordinates L-9 on the Standard Galactic Grid.
History[edit | edit source]
- "You never heard of the butcher of Brentaal IV?"
The pirate Q'anah and her father were natives of Brentaal IV, and Q'anah's father served House Cormond as a bodyguard until he was given a lucrative offer by House Elegin of the planet Asmeru to work for them instead.
The Nuxan informant Bodo Linx had a contact, Qensog, on Brentaal IV, who he believed could help reconnect the fragmented Rebel Alliance after the Assault on the Mako-Ta Space Docks giving Leia Organa the contact's details. The rebels later met with Qensog, and he gave them the locations of both Admiral Ackbar's Home One and Hera Syndulla's Geist.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Brentaal IV was first mentioned in canon in the novel Tarkin, written by James Luceno and released in 2014. It made its first appearance in the comic Star Wars 61, written by Kieron Gillen, illustrated by Andrea Broccardo, and published on February 6, 2019.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel (Mentioned only)
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Dark (Mentioned only)
- Tarkin (First mentioned)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 56 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 61 (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide