Brian Charles Daley (December 22, 1947–February 11, 1996) was the author of The Han Solo Adventures, a trilogy of novels detailing Han and Chewbacca's adventures in the Corporate Sector and the Tion Hegemony before they joined the Rebel Alliance. He also wrote radio drama adaptations of the original trilogy. Daley died of pancreatic cancer shortly after the radio dramatization of Return of the Jedi finished recording.
Daley and friend James Luceno (under the pen name "Jack McKinney") also co-wrote the novelizations of the Robotech series and the Black Hole Travel Agency series. Another animation credit was being the story editor (with Christopher Rowley) on Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers. Luceno also worked on the series' writing staff. Daley also wrote several science fiction and fantasy novels under his own name, including the novelization of the movie Tron.
The book The Jedi Academy Sourcebook was dedicated to his memory, as was the radio dramatization of Return of the Jedi.
Star Wars BibliographyEdit
- Star Wars (1981)
- The Empire Strikes Back (1983)
- Rebel Mission to Ord Mantell (1983)
- Return of the Jedi (1996)
- "Anthony Daniels: Remembering That Galaxy Far, Far Away"—The Lucasfilm Fan Club Magazine 1
- "Star News"—Star Wars Insider 28
- "Brian Daley 1947-1996"—Star Wars Insider 29
- The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- "Return of the Radio Drama"—Star Wars Insider 30
- "Remembering Brian Daley"—Star Wars Insider 55
- "A New Hope for Radio"—Star Wars Insider 127
- "30 Years of Star Wars Radio Drama Part II: How the Empire Almost Won and the Jedi Never Returned"—Star Wars Insider 128
- "Authors of the Expanded Universe: Brian Daley"—Star Wars Insider 139
- "Launch Pad"—Star Wars Insider 150