Brock Starsher served as a guard for the Hutt crime lord Jabba Desilijic Tiure, working onboard one of his Bantha-II cargo skiffs at the Hutt's palace on the planet Tatooine. When Jabba sentenced his prisoners Han Solo, Luke Skywalker and Chewbacca to be fed to the sarlacc in the Great Pit of Carkoon, Starsher manned one of the two skiffs that made the journey to the pit. At the pit, Skywalker managed to free himself and attack the guards, boarding Starsher's skiff and knocking the guard into the maw of the sarlacc below.
Sailing to the sarlaccEdit
In the year 4 ABY, Brock Starsher worked as a guard for the Hutt crime lord Jabba Desilijic Tiure, serving onboard one of the Bantha-II cargo skiffs kept at Jabba's Palace on the planet Tatooine. When the Hutt declared that three of his prisoners—the smuggler Han Solo, his co-pilot Chewbacca and the Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker—were to be fed to the sarlacc that lived in the Pit of Carkoon, Starsher flew to the pit on board a skiff alongside several other guards including the Klatooinian Barada and the Skrilling Pote Snitkin. The prisoners traveled on a second skiff, while Jabba and his court rode aboard the sail barge Khetanna.
Battle at the great pitEdit
Upon reaching the pit, the skiff carrying Starsher began circling around the sarlacc while the skiff carrying the prisoners positioned itself above the creature's maw. When Skywalker was forced over the edge of his skiff to be executed, he flipped back onboard and caught his lightsaber, which had been launched to him by the astromech droid R2-D2 on board the sail barge. Skywalker and his allies then quickly defeated the guards aboard the skiff, at which point Starsher's skiff approached so that its occupants could attack.
Starsher stood ready at the very front of the skiff, so when Skywalker leapt onboard the guard was the closest to him. At first Starsher did not engage the Jedi, but after Skywalker deflected a blaster bolt fired by one of the other guards, Starsher moved forward to attack. Skywalker slashed at Starsher with his lightsaber and caused the guard to tumble forward over the rail of the skiff into the sarlacc's pit below. Skywalker and his allies then defeated the rest of Jabba's men and killed the Hutt before escaping.
Personality and traitsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
Brock Starsher was portrayed by an uncredited extra in the 1983 film Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi. The character was not named until July 23, 2013 in the Star Wars Legends article "Rogues Gallery: Jabba's Henchmen!", which was written by Leland Chee and published in Star Wars Insider 143. The name was then confirmed to be canon when it was used on a card in the "Star Wars Force Attax The Force Awakens" trading card set released by The Topps Company, Inc. in December 2015.
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars Force Attax The Force Awakens (Card: Brock Starsher) (First identified as Brock Starsher)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: Galactic Atlas establishes that the events of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, including Starsher's death, occur in 4 ABY.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars Force Attax - Force Awakens Trading Card Collection. The Topps Company, Inc. (2016-02-19). Retrieved on Error: Invalid time..
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ "Rogues Gallery: Jabba's Henchmen!"—Star Wars Insider 143
- ↑ Star Wars Force Attax The Force Awakens (Card: Brock Starsher)