Brodo Asogi, also known as the Green Planet, was a planet that was the homeworld of the Asogian species. It was located near the border of the Outer Rim Territories and Wild Space, nearby Kalee and Huk.
It was represented by Senator Grebleips and two aides in the Galactic Senate. According to the HoloNet News, Grebleips was to fund an extragalactic expedition project shortly before the Clone Wars.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- "Yes, there it was—home, planet of many names, named by many ages—Vomestra, Brodo Asogi, Od-Di-Pa 5, Tum Lux O-ty, Alata Zerka, all of which translated to—the Green Planet. As Earth was called the Blue Planet for its waters, so E.T.'s home was called the Green Planet for its plant life, which flourished here as on no other planet in the world."
- ―E.T.: The Book of the Green Planet
This planet received passing mention in Cloak of Deception. The author James Luceno was referring to Steven Spielberg's E.T. species, which made a cameo appearance in the Senate scene of The Phantom Menace.
On page 19 of E.T.: The Book of the Green Planet, a novel based on a story by Steven Spielberg written by William Kotzwinkle and illustrated by David Wiesner in 1985, Brodo Asogi was one of many names given to E.T.'s homeworld, along with Vomestra, Od-Di-Pa 5, Tum Lux O-Ty, and Alata Zerka—all of which meant "Green Planet" in one language or another.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Cloak of Deception (First mentioned)
- Republic HoloNet News Special Inaugural Edition 16:5:241
Sources[edit | edit source]
- "Who's Who in the Delegation of 2000"—Star Wars Insider 85
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- "Classic Moment"—Star Wars Insider 128