- "Ah… yes, wood. Not a common choice. And only wood from a Brylark tree is as strong as metal."
The Brylark tree was a type of tree whose wood was as strong as metal and was sometimes used for lightsaber hilts. During the Clone Wars, the architect droid Huyang asked Jedi youngling Gungi what he envisioned his lightsaber to look like. Gungi, through the Force, envisioned his lightsaber to be made of wood. Huyang, knowing that the only wood strong enough would be from a Brylark, retrieved a Brylark wood hilt, which Gungi used for his lightsaber. Huyang also stated that it was a rare choice among hilts, just as Wookiees like Gungi were rare among the Jedi.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Test of Strength" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bound for Rescue"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Necessary Bond"
- "Almost a Jedi"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Wrong Jedi"