- "But really, some downtime would be good for you. You can draw, play with your building snaps—"
- ―Mitth'ali'astov counsels Che'ri
Building snaps were a type of toy used by children in the Chiss Ascendancy. Around 19 BBY, Chiss sky-walker Ab'begh had a number of building snaps in her quarters on the Chiss warship Vigilant, significantly more than fellow sky-walker Che'ri. The girls began to play with the snaps in Ab'begh's quarters but were interrupted by her caregiver, who instructed them to read for half an hour before continuing to read. Che'ri, who had begun to create a design with her snaps that she feared she would forget, protested, though Ab'begh put down her snaps, causing Che'ri to accept her assignment.
Around 18 BBY, Che'ri kept building snaps in her quarters on the Chiss warship Springhawk, which her caregiver, Mitth'ali'astov, suggested that she play with during her downtime. Che'ri, however, was uninterested in playing and instead wanted to meet members of the Paccosh species along with adult members of the Springhawk's crew.
Behind the scenes
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising (First mentioned, simultaneous with Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising audiobook)
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Greater Good (Mentioned only)
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Greater Good audiobook (Mentioned only)