- "They should have surrendered, but instead they fought back. Suddenly all the relatively new Knights like me, who mistook our overconfidence for foresight, had to figure out what to do next."
- ―Bultar Swan, on the battle in the Petranaki arena
Bultar Swan, a Force-sensitive human female, was a Jedi Knight during the last years of the Galactic Republic. Approximately twenty-two years before the Battle of Yavin, Swan was among the Jedi who served in Mace Windu's assault team on the planet Geonosis, just prior to the outbreak of the pan-galactic Clone Wars.
Bultar Swan was a Jedi Knight who served the Jedi Order during the Separatist Crisis. In the year 22 BBY, the Order deployed an assault team to the planet Geonosis where Obi-Wan Kenobi discovered the secret droid army of the newly-formed Confederacy of Independent Systems. Swan was among the Jedi selected to serve on the team, with Jedi Master Mace Windu of the High Council as their leader. Upon infiltrating the Petranaki arena, Swan and her fellow Jedi attempted to rescue Kenobi—along with his Padawan, Anakin Skywalker and Senator Padmé Amidala—but were ultimately outnumbered and surrounded by the Separatist battle droids. However, due to the timely arrival of Grand Master Yoda and the Grand Army of clone troopers, Swan was among the survivors who escaped from the arena and subsequently continued to participate in the opening battle of the Clone Wars.
Personality and traitsEdit
Like the Jedi who fought on Geonosis, Bultar Swan attempted to rescue Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker while fighting against an army of droids. She was a human female who possessed black hair, light skin, and a height of 1.68 meters. She wore the robes of the Jedi Order and wielded a green-bladed lightsaber.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
Like all Jedi, Bultar Swan was Force-sensitive, allowing her to undertake Jedi training in order to utilize the powers of the Force. She was also skilled in the art of lightsaber combat, being one of the few Jedi to survive the skirmish in the Petranaki arena.
Behind the scenesEdit
Bultar Swan first appeared in the 2002 film Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones, and was portrayed by actress Mimi Daraphet, who was cast by extra casting director Ros Breden, after some concept art for the character was created. Interestingly, the cut of Bultar Swan's outfit in Episode II is very similar to the leather-accented ensemble worn by Anakin Skywalker in the same film.
A set diary for the 2005 film Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith that was made available to members of the Hyperspace fan club on StarWars.com reported that Daraphet underwent makeup and wardrobe tests for the film. However, Swan's name wasn't featured in the script and she didn't appear in the film's final cut.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
- (First identified as Bultar Swan)
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ 4.0 4.1
- ↑ Star Wars, more odds-n-ends. The Dweebletter. Archived from the original on November 3, 2017. Retrieved on June 3, 2010.