- "Knew I shouldn't have swung at that goon, but the urge to dazzle that Trianii debutante was too strong."
- ―Lando Calrissian notes his regret over attacking Bumblethunk
Bumblethunk was an Esoomian brawler designated as Prowling Thug 36 in the criminal Razzi Syndicate under crime lord Latts Razzi. By 10 BBY, Bumblethunk had encountered the gambler Lando Calrissian, who considered the Esoomian a goon and took a swing at the brawler in order to impress a Trianii debutante. Bumblethunk beat up Calrissian, who then had the book known as the Smuggler's Guide lifted from his person by the Razzi Syndicate thief "Sticky Fingers."
The book ended up in the possession of Razzi herself, who was informed of Bumblethunk's part in its acquisition by her submister Twirm. The book later fell back into the hands of Calrissian, who annotated his previous entries with a note stating that he regretted attacking Bumblethunk and losing the book.
Behind the scenes
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- The entry mentioning Bumblethunk in Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide takes place chronologically prior to an entry written by Tobias Beckett. Solo: A Star Wars Story depicts Beckett's death on Savareen and Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide dates the events on Savareen in the film to nine years after the Proclamation of the New Order. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the proclamation to 19 BBY, meaning Beckett's death must take place in 10 BBY, and so his entry in the guide and those chronologically before it must all be set prior to or during 10 BBY.