The Bureau of Ships and Services (abbreviated as BoSS) was an organization founded millennia before the Clone Wars that maintained a registry of starship transponders and pilot's licenses. While formally a private agency, it had private contact with the Galactic Republic and worked alongside customs and law enforcement agencies to maintain and protect the hyperspace routes. After the Republic was replaced by the Galactic Empire at the end of the Clone Wars, the BoSS was succeeded by the Imperial Bureau of Ships and Services. Following the rise of the New Republic, however, the BoSS was active again.
The Bureau of Ships and Services listed that the first owner of the Libertine was Valis of Kuhlvult, a Kuati diplomat, who had christened the vessel as the Steadfast. Eventually, the Steadfast was renamed as the Libertine and was owned by Korfé Bennux-Ai an individual born into wealth on Celanon and was a top-ranking manager for the Sienar-Jaemus corporation. In 34 ABY, the Libertine was stolen by DJ, an unprincipled criminal and slicer, and used by Rose Tico, Finn, and BB-8.
Behind the scenesEdit
In an interview, Alden Ehrenreich talked about research he did for his role as Han Solo in Solo: A Star Wars Story, and mentioned that he read articles on Wookieepedia, taking note of the Bureau of Ships and Services among others.
- Rey's Survival Guide (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- The Last Jedi: Bomber Command
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Tales from Vandor
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious
- YT-1300 Corellian Freighter Owner's Workshop Manual
- Rise of the Separatists
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Bureau of Ships and Services was active during the Galactic Republic according to Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious. During the Imperial Era, the Imperial Bureau of Ships and Services was the successor agency of the Bureau of Ships and Services, according to Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide. After the fall of the Galactic Empire, which according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas was in 5 ABY, the Bureau of Ships and Services was active again, according to Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections.
- ↑ Rise of the Separatists
- ↑ Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- ↑ Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- ↑ Rey's Survival Guide
- ↑ The Big Event:Alden Ehrenreich interview. Archived from the original on March 30, 2019. Retrieved on May 8, 2018.