Burial was a funeral rite used across the galaxy to honorarily dispose of the corpse of a sentient being by placing it into the ground. After his mother Shmi was tortured to death by a band of Tusken Raiders, Anakin Skywalker buried her in the sand at her husband's homestead. During the Clone Wars, the Gran senator Kharrus was killed on Florrum and buried there under a heap of rocks. On Jelucan, the inhabitants would practice sky burial, putting bodies in open cairns at high-altitude for birds to devour. They believed the birds took the soul as well as the flesh, into the sky, forever. The bones of the Serennian ancestors of Dooku were buried on Monterro, the Funeral Moon of Serenno.
- Dooku: Jedi Lost
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Gungan General"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ghosts of Mortis"
- Lost Stars (Mentioned only)
- Leia, Princess of Alderaan
- "Never Far Behind"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine (Mentioned only)
- "Droid Hunters"—Star Wars Adventures Free Comic Book Day 2019 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel (Mentioned only)
- "There is Another"—From a Certain Point of View
- Darth Vader 10: Shadows and Secrets, Part IV (Mentioned only)
- Darth Vader 11: Shadows and Secrets, Part V (Mentioned only; in the opening crawl)
- Star Wars 37: Imperial Pride
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- ; image #11 (of 24)
- ; image #7 (of 8)
- ; image #20 (of 35)