The C-25 fragmentation grenade was an explosive device manufactured by Merr-Sonn Munitions, Inc. consisting of a sphere of baradium-impregnated detonite encased in a conductive shell, which was itself housed within a cylinder that was activated with a twist. It was visually very similar to the Sonic Imploder.
The C-25 was used by the Galactic Empire's death troopers and coastal defender stormtroopers. During the Battle of Scarif, rebels Bodhi Rook and Baze Malbus were both killed by C-25 fragmentation grenades.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Rebels – "In the Name of the Rebellion"
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel
- Rogue One Adaptation 6
- Star Wars 33
- Doctor Aphra 18
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 8: Redemption"
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian Junior Novel
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 12: The Siege"
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (First identified as C-25 fragmentation grenade)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- "Explosives, Heavy Weapons and Unstable Elements" – Star Wars Encyclopedia