The C.R.C. dating system, also called the Hosnian Reckoning, was one of several calendar systems used in the galaxy. Its epoch was 7977 years before the year the Galactic Empire issued an arrest warrant for Princess Leia Organa after discovering she worked with the enemy Alliance to Restore the Republic, which another calendar placed in 0 BBY. Within a given millennium, it was acceptable to indicate a year with only the last three digits preceded by an apostrophe or only the last two digits within a century (e.g. '945 instead of 7945).
Notable events expressed in C.R.C. date[edit | edit source]
- 7945: Neva Kee disappears during that year's Boonta Eve Classic.
- 7955: The Trade Federation plots to assassinate Padmé Amidala.
- 7976: Jyn Erso (a.k.a. Liana Hallik) is arrested in the Five Points system.
- 7977: The Galactic Empire issues an arrest warrant for Leia Organa. Crix Madine defects from the Empire to the Alliance to Restore the Republic.
- 7980: Han Solo gets frozen in carbonite.
- 7981: The Iron Blockade takes place in the Anoat sector. Eventually, Lando Calrissian frees Cloud City.
- 8011: The Resistance helps Grakkus the Hutt escape Megalox prison.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
C.R.C. dating was first mentioned in the 2018 reference book Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious, by Pablo Hidalgo. The calendar dates the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope to the C.R.C. year 7977, which reflects the film's release in 1977.
Although dates in the C.R.C. are not explicitly identified as years by Scum and Villainy, it can be calculated that they likely are through simple math: the Boonta Eve Classic is dated to 7945, and Leia Organa's arrest warrant is dated to 7977, which is a difference of 32. In the Galactic calendar, those events are respectively dated to the years 32 and 0 BBY, indicating that the dates of the Hosnian Reckoning must be years as the difference is the same.
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious (First mentioned)