- "No need for attitude, do you want the barge repaired?"
- ―C2-B9's memory of Tatooine
C2-B9 was an R-series astromech droid manufactured by Industrial Automaton. It at some point served in the palace of Jabba Desilijic Tiure on the planet Tatooine. While there, it recorded an internal data record of reprimanding someone for their attitude and asking about repairing a barge. The record included an image of several denizens of the palace, including two Jawas, the Frog-dog Buboicullaar, and the Snivvian Geezum.
By around 34 ABY, C2-B9 was refurbished and acting as a repair droid. It ended up in Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu during its occupation by the First Order. The droid was owned by the outpost's Droid Depot and was part of a display of several droids stood behind a railing on a plinth outside the front of the depot. C2-B9 had an R5 dome with a black sensor and orange and white paneling.
Behind the scenesEdit
C2-B9 first appeared as an animatronic prop within the themed land Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, which opened to guests at Disneyland Park and Disney's Hollywood Studios Park in 2019. The prop is capable of spinning its head and emitting beeping sounds. The droid simultaneously appeared in the Star Wars: Datapad application launched alongside the themed land.
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Droid Depot (First appearance, simultaneous with Star Wars: Datapad)
- Star Wars: Datapad – "C2-B9" (Screenshots: 1, 2) (First appearance, simultaneous with Droid Depot)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars: Datapad – "C2-B9" (Screenshots: 1, 2)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia states that all astromech droids are second class droids. As C2-B9 is depicted as an astromech droid in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, it must also be a second class droid.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—Droid Depot
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the mission to Batuu, which includes the First Order's occupation of Batuu, to six months after the Hosnian Cataclysm, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY.