- "Suspect has killed three clones. Code Red. If you see the target, shoot to kill."
- ―CC-1010, to the Coruscant Guard
CC-1010, nicknamed "Fox," was a clone trooper commander created from the genetic template of the human bounty hunter Jango Fett. As one of the clone troopers bred for leadership, Fox served as commander of the Coruscant Guard—an elite division of the Grand Army of the Republic, composed of clone shock troopers who were stationed on the Galactic Republic capital world of Coruscant as a domestic security force. A highly decorated and fearless soldier, noted for his sense of duty and honor, Fox lived to serve and protect the members of the Galactic Senate, including their elected leader, Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine.
Fox continued to lead the Coruscant Guard during the early days of the Galactic Empire, the authoritarian government that replaced the Republic by the end of the Clone Wars. However, Fox was ultimately executed by the Sith Lord Darth Vader, who broke the veteran commander's neck by way of the dark side of the Force after the shock troopers opened fire on Vader, having mistook him for a fugitive Jedi.
CC-1010, a clone who went by the nickname "Fox," was bred from the genetic material of Jango Fett as part of a program to grow an army on the the planet Kamino. In 22 BBY, approximately one decade after the initial creation of the clone army, Fox and his brethren were called to service by the Galactic Republic, resulting in the formation of the Grand Army of the Republic and the start of the Clone Wars. While thousands of clone troopers served on the front lines under the leadership of the Jedi Order, Fox was stationed on Coruscant where he served as commander of the Coruscant Guard. Under Fox's command, the Guard served as peacekeepers on the Republic capital and were also responsible for the safety of the Galactic Senate as well as Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine.
- "Should we arrest the Hutt, Senator?"
- ―CC-1010, to Senator Amidala, after apprehending Ziro
During the mission to rescue Rotta, son of Jabba Desilijic Tiure, the Hutt crime lord Ziro made Senator Padmé Amidala his prisoner in order to prevent her from exposing his part in Rotta's abduction. She was ultimately liberated by the efforts of Commander Fox and a contingent of clone shock troopers who raided Ziro's establishment in Galactic City, having been informed of the Hutt's illegal actions by Amidala's protocol droid C-3PO. After eliminating the security droids, Fox arrested Ziro who, confessed his betrayal to Jabba before being taken to prison at the Republic Judiciary Central Detention Center.
The capture of Ziro consequently led to a crisis on Coruscant when a group of senators were taken hostage by several mercenaries, including the bounty hunter Cad Bane. In response, a squad of shock troopers secured the Chancellor's office in the Senate headquarters while Fox and his troops surrounded the detention center to prevent Ziro's escape. In spite of his efforts, Fox was forced to allow the bounty hunters to leave with Ziro in order to save Bane's hostages.
In 21 BBY, a group of modified demolition droids were sent to disrupt the Confederate–Republic peace initiative on Coruscant. At the time Fox was tasked with protecting the central power distribution grid on Level 5000. The droids deceived him with a security clearance code, which Fox deemed authentic. As a result, the droids completed their mission by destroying power grid, causing a city-wide blackout on Coruscant. Infuriated by the Confederacy's terrorist attack on the galactic capital, the Senate rejected the peace initiative.
- "Can't say I blame you, Commander Tano, but all the same, you're under arrest."
"I–n–no. I did not do this."
- ―CC-1010 and Ahsoka Tano, after Letta Turmond was killed while Tano was in her cell
Following the terrorist attack on the Jedi Temple of Coruscant in 19 BBY, Letta Turmond was imprisoned in the Republic Center for Military Operations due to her participation in the attack. Ahsoka Tano, the Jedi Padawan who arrested the terrorist, visited the facility at Turmond's request, but was required to surrender her lightsabers to Commander Fox as a security precaution. Although the clone initially praised Tano for bringing Turmond to justice, he was compelled to arrest her after Turmond was strangled to death by way of the Force. Unknown to Fox, Turmond was murdered by the fallen Jedi Barriss Offee, whose distorted views led her to commit acts of betrayal and terrorism. Offee further tainted her incarcerated comrade's reputation by killing three clone officers with her lightsaber, leading Fox to believe that Tano was the culprit. In response to Tano's escape attempt, Fox deployed the Coruscant Guard alongside Jedi General Anakin Skywalker and Clone Captain CT-7567 ("Rex") as they pursued the Jedi escapee.
In the aftermath of the incident with Tano, whose innocence was proven after Skywalker disrupted her trial to reveal Offee as the real traitor, Fox was ordered to hunt another fugitive—the ARC trooper CT-5555 ("Fives") of the 501st Legion. Fives fled from the Grand Republic Medical Facility where he had attempted to assassinate Chancellor Palpatine after learning of his involvement in a conspiracy to destroy the Jedi Order. Tracking the renegade clone to Level 1315, Fox and a contingent of clone shock troopers confronted Fives, demanding that he stand down. In his panic and desperation, the ARC trooper raised a blaster pistol at the approaching guards, but Fox opened fire, killing Fives with a shot through his heart.
- "I was here on Coruscant. Did my part—all the clones did. Shut those Jedi agitators down cold."
- ―CC-1010, recalling his involvement in Order 66
During Order 66 and the attack on the Jedi Temple in the early stages of the Jedi Purge, Commander Fox participated in its implementation on Coruscant along with the other clones. As a result, he regarded the Jedi—who had been accused of treason by Chancellor Palpatine—as agitators.
- "We've got two full companies here, plus a big contingent of Coruscant Security Force. The whole place is surrounded. No one's getting past us."
"See that they do not."
- ―CC-1010 and Darth Vader
Following the initiation of Order 66 and the Republic's transformation into the Galactic Empire, Fox and a group of clone shock troopers were patrolling the grounds of Coruscant. The Jedi Master and librarian Jocasta Nu used the Force to mind trick the guards in order to pass them safely. She then proceeded to infiltrate the Jedi Temple through a secret doorway. Soon after, Nu's presence was discovered in the Jedi Temple, and Darth Vader ordered the Coruscant Guard to lock down the perimeter. Fox deployed two full companies alongside a contingent of Coruscant Security Force. Before entering the Temple to capture Nu, Vader left Fox and his shock troopers with orders to keep the Temple under lockdown. After a confrontation with Vader and the Grand Inquisitor, she escaped through a hole made by her on the temple's wall. As the Sith Lord went after her, Fox's men had him mistaken for a Jedi and opened fire, but the commander ordered them to stop. Vader confronted Fox and asked why he had not provided his description to his troops, and Fox tried to defend himself, but Vader broke the clone's neck, killing the commander.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "A lot of innocent people died in that blast. Good job capturing her."
- ―CC-1010, expressing his satisfaction with Ahsoka Tano's arrest of Letta Turmond
Commander Fox was a human male clone who stood at 1.83 meters, a physical trait he inherited from his template Jango Fett. He was also a fearless soldier who led the elite Coruscant Guard shock troopers into combat, and was always the first to charge into battle. As with the rest of the Guard, Fox possessed a strong sense of duty and honor which compelled him to loyally serve and protect the Republic's highest governing body—the Galactic Senate and the Supreme Chancellor. His service was exemplary, leading him to become one of the most highly decorated soldiers in the Grand Army of the Republic.
Like the rest of his clone brethren, Fox was fiercely loyal to the Galactic Republic, and had little patience for criminals such as the terrorist Letta Turmond. When Turmond died in her cell, Fox stated that he did not personally blame Ahsoka Tano, but nonetheless arrested her as a suspect for the murder of Turmond. Later, he unhesitatingly ordered his guards to kill Tano, whom he believed responsible for the deaths of several clones during her escape, but grudgingly complied with Anakin Skywalker's orders to capture the Padawan alive. After Fives' failed attempt to kill Chancellor Palpatine, Fox executed the rogue ARC trooper, but not before giving him a chance to surrender.
As a clone soldier who served in the early period of the Clone Wars, Commander Fox wore the standard Phase I clone trooper armor albeit with the crimson markings and original pattern design of the Coruscant Guard. In addition to his armor, Fox wore a kama and a customized helmet similar to the one worn by CC-2224 of the 212th Attack Battalion. With the introduction of Phase II clone trooper armor, Fox switched to the upgraded version alongside his unit. His new armor was colored mainly in red which in fact is the inverted color scheme of the standard kit of the clone shock troopers. His weapons included the standard DC-15 blaster rifle and a pair of DC-17 hand blasters.
- Star Wars Battlefront II (Mentioned only) (DLC)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hostage Crisis"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hunt for Ziro" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Heroes on Both Sides"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Deception"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "To Catch a Jedi" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Orders"
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 7: The Dying Light, Part I
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 9: The Dying Light, Part III
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 10: The Dying Light, Part IV
- (Picture only)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as CC-1010)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 10: The Dying Light, Part IV
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 7: The Dying Light, Part I
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Assassin"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hostage Crisis"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Heroes on Both Sides"
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "To Catch a Jedi"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Wrong Jedi"
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Orders"
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 9: The Dying Light, Part III
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith