- "We're on your tail, General Kenobi."
- ―CC-2237, during the Battle of Coruscant
CC-2237, codenamed "Odd Ball", which also served as his callsign, was a Clone Commander and pilot during the Clone Wars who participated in campaigns such as the Battle of Teth, the Battle of Umbara, the Battle of Coruscant, and the Battle of Utapau. A skilled pilot, Odd Ball flew an assortment of various starfighters including a V-19 Torrent starfighter, a BTL-B Y-wing fighter-bomber and an ARC-170. During the Clone Wars, Odd Ball often served under the command of Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi.
CC-2237, also eventually known by the codename "Oddball," which was also the clone trooper pilot's callsign, was a male human clone of the bounty hunter Jango Fett created on Kamino. Oddball served as a Clone Commander and leader of Clone Flight Squad Seven.
The Clone WarsEdit
Battle of TethEdit
- "Thank you, sir. Sorry I panicked."
"That's alright, Odd Ball. It happens to everybody."
- ―CC-2237 apologizes to Obi-Wan Kenobi, during the Battle of Teth
During the Galactic Republic's attempt to rescue Jabba the Hutt's kidnapped son, Odd Ball was called in to assist the troops who were fighting Confederate forces on Teth. Flying in a V-19 Torrent starfighter, he fought oncoming vulture droids alongside Kenobi. During the battle, Odd Ball was tailed by vulture droids and remarked that he was unable to shake them off. General Kenobi came to the pilot's aid and was able to destroy the droids and save Odd Ball. The clone pilot apologised for panicking and Kenobi assured him that it happened to everybody.
Battle of UmbaraEdit
- "Good old Odd Ball. Always on target."
At the start of the Battle of Umbara, Odd Ball and another bomber were called in to provide reinforcements. They bombed a vulnerable enemy position moments after the last of the clone forces evacuated the area.
Battle of CoruscantEdit
- "Clone Flight Squad Seven launched from the carrier Ro-Ti-Mundi. Our mission was to escort Jedi Generals Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker to the Separatist flagship Invisible Hand and cover them while they executed a boarding action."
- ―Oddball's gives his account of the Battle of Coruscant
He also participated in the Battle of Coruscant, leading Clone Flight Squad Seven to the Invisible Hand for Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker. He ordered the squad's V-19 Torrent starfighters to take point, this group of fighters punched a hole through the Droid tri-fighters. This allowed the Jedi and the squad's ARC-170 Starfighters to move towards the Invisible Hand. When the Jedi landed in the ship's hangar, the squad eliminated priority targets and stayed close in case they were needed for aid. He did not expect the Jedi to survive.
Battle of UtapauEdit
When it was discovered that the leader of the Separatist Droid Army, General Grievous was hiding on the planet of Utapau, Kenobi and the 212th Attack Battalion were sent. Clone troopers engaged battle droids in a heated confrontation, whilst Kenobi had his final confrontation with Grievous, ultimately resulting in the cyborg's death. A time later, however, Order 66 was issued by Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine. As the contingency was issued, Odd Ball was in battle above Utapau.
Personality and traitsEdit
A human male clone of the bounty hunter Jango Fett, CC-2237 was 1.83 meters tall and had brown eyes. He proved to be a skilled pilot during the Clone Wars and was apologetic towards Obi-Wan Kenobi when the Jedi provided assistance at the Battle of Teth.
Initially during the Clone Wars, Odd Ball donned standard Phase I armor for all clone trooper pilots. Later on in the war, he switched to the Phase II variant which featured a fully enclosed helmet and breathing apparatus. However even further on in the war his armor changed yet again when he adopted the newer open-helmet design, which he wore during the Battle of Coruscant.
Behind the scenesEdit
CC-2237 was portrayed by Temuera Morrison in Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. He also appeared in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars film and television series, in which he was voiced by Dee Bradley Baker.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Darkness on Umbara" (Fighter only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines (First identified as CC-2237)
- Star Wars: Complete Vehicles
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Star Wars: Complete Vehicles
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Darkness on Umbara"