- "Very good, Master Luke. I'll have your tools ready when you awaken."
CE-3K was a protocol droid serving the New Republic during the Galactic Civil War. In 10 ABY, CE-3K was assigned to Jedi Master Luke Skywalker's quarters on the planet New Alderaan, shortly before the world was attacked by the Galactic Empire.
Stationed on New AlderaanEdit
- "We've just come from Pinnacle Base. The moon has been completely destroyed. All the leaders of the Alliance are dead.
- ―Luke Skywalker tells CE-3K and the Solo family about the destruction of Pinnacle Base
CE-3K was a protocol droid in service of the New Republic by the year 10 ABY. That year, the droid was stationed in the city of New Aldera on the New Republic world of New Alderaan, which served as a hideout for the Solo family—Leia Organa Solo, Han Solo and their children Jacen and Jaina.
CE-3K accompanied the Solos when they came to greet Jedi Master Luke Skywalker upon his arrival on New Alderaan after a trip to the planet Ossus. The droid, alongside the Solos, was the first to hear from Skywalker that the New Republic Pinnacle Base on the moon Da Soocha V had been destroyed by a particle disintegrator warhead fired from Emperor Palpatine's Galaxy Gun superweapon.
Dark Jedi incursionEdit
- "Thanks CE-3K. I'm really exhausted from the trip. I've got a lot to think about. This new hand the Emperor gave me hasn't worked right since I left Byss…I'll have to adjust it in the morning."
- ―Luke Skywalker
Later that night, CE-3K attended to Skywalker while the Jedi Master was preparing to go to sleep in his quarters. Tired from his journey, Skywalker also intended to have his new prosthetic right hand—given to him by Palpatine during Skywalker's brief stint as the Emperor's apprentice—checked in the morning, as Skywalker was unsatisfied with how it operated. CE-3K responded that it would provide Skywalker with the necessary repair tools in the morning. Taking away Skywalker's robes, the protocol droid left the Jedi's quarters.
At night, Skywalker became the target of an abduction attempt by a pair of Palpatine's Dark Jedi, Tedryn-Sha and Krdys Mordi, but he was saved by Organa Solo and Jedi trainee Jem Ysanna. The entire New Republic settlement then came under attack by Imperial forces, necessitating complete evacuation.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Dark Empire II 6: Hand of Darkness (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 113 ("CE-3K")
- ↑ The New Essential Guide to Droids establishes that protocol droids are third-degree droids. The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 113 ("CE-3K") states that CE-3K is a protocol droid; therefore, it can also be classified as a third-degree unit.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 3.9 Dark Empire II 6: Hand of Darkness
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology dates the events of the Dark Empire II comic book series, which include the appearance of CE-3K, to 10 ABY.
- ↑ Dark Empire II 5: The Galaxy Weapon