- "Ugh, why couldn't we be stationed on a cooler planet?"
"It could be worse. As my grandfather always used to say, better hot than Hoth."
- ―LA-233 and CG-412
CG-412 was a human stormtrooper in the 709th Legion of the First Order military regime. Even though other stormtroopers were taken away from their families as infants, CG-412 claimed to have met a grandfather. According to the stormtrooper, the grandparent would often state that being stationed in a hot environment was better than being deployed to the ice planet Hoth.
Along with the rest of the 709th Legion, CG-412 was deployed at Black Spire Outpost during the First Order's occupation of the planet Batuu around 34 ABY. During the occupation, CG-412 spoke with fellow trooper LA-233, who complained about the warmth of the planet, but CG-412 pointed out that it could have been worse, recalling the grandfather's statement about Hoth. The stormtrooper wore standard First Order stormtrooper armor with a white pauldron.
Behind the scenes
CG-412 appeared in Star Wars: Datapad, an application launched alongside the themed land Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, which opened to guests at Disneyland Park and Disney's Hollywood Studios Park in 2019.
Notes and references
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded establishes that all First Order stormtroopers were humans.
- Star Wars: Datapad – "First Order Comms" (Screenshots: 1)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- CG-412 was stationed on Batuu during the First Order's occupation of the planet, which took place in 34 ABY per the reasoning here.