The Vanguard c20 retrofit suite was offered to older model corvettes like the CR70 in order to bring them in line with the CR90 model. Judging from the use of CR90 corvettes in the years leading up to the Clone Wars,it was heavily used by the Galactic Republic. The CR70 Model was a much older design and likely less heavily armed than its future cousin.The Rebel Alliance had several CR70's in usage.
Behind the scenesEdit
The CR70 corvette was created as a way to explain the differences between the Tantive IV as it appeared in Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith as opposed to Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope and other previous appearances. However, the Tantive IVs appearance in Revenge of the Sith was later retconned in the 2010 Star Wars Blueprints: Rebel Edition to be the Sundered Heart. Leland Chee confirmed this as a retcon, citing the difficulty of explaining the differences in appearance between the films.
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Dark Times 1: The Path to Nowhere, Part 1
- Dark Times 2: The Path to Nowhere, Part 2
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Insider 90 (First identified as CR70 corvette)
- Starships of the Galaxy (2007)
- Star Wars Blueprints: Rebel Edition
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Edge of Darkness (Card: Blockade Runner)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 Starships of the Galaxy (2007), p. 75
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars Blueprints: Rebel Edition, “Rebel Blockade Runner” – CR70 CR90 side-by-side extrapolation.
- ↑ The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Refresher Reading"—Star Wars Insider 90
- ↑ Vigilante Taskforce Departs to Engage Separatists—HoloNet News Vol. 531 54