- "We've spotted the fugitives."
- ―One of the jet troopers spots Rey and her allies
CS-9147 was a human from the Otomok system who served the First Order as a jet trooper. In 35 ABY, CS-9147 and another jet trooper pursued the scavenger Rey and her Resistance allies through the deserts of the planet Pasaana. The two destroyed their foes' skimmers but were ultimately killed by its crew.
- C-3PO: "They fly now!"
- Finn: "They fly now?"
- Dameron: "They fly now."
- ―C-3PO, Finn and Poe Dameron spot the two jet troopers[src]
CS-9147 was a human born in the Otomok system in 10 ABY who served in the Stormtrooper Corps of the First Order as a jet trooper. In 35 ABY, CS-9147 and another jet trooper were amongst a division of First Order forces deployed to the planet Pasaana to search for the scavenger Rey and her allies in the Resistance. One of the two jet troopers spotted their targets fleeing on skimmers from the Festival of the Ancestors in the Forbidden Valley and alerted the other First Order forces.
CS-9147 and the other jet trooper gave chase on the back of two stormtroopers' respective 125-Z treadspeeder bikes, launching from the vehicles and opening fire on the skimmers. Their targets split up, with Resistance members Finn, Poe Dameron and C-3PO heading down a narrow valley in their HS-19 cargo loading transport skimmer. One treadbike followed them down the valley, but the two jet troopers and remaining treadspeeder continued chasing Rey and her allies Chewbacca and BB-8 as they remained in the open desert on an Arunskin 75D skimmer.
After the treadspeeder was destroyed, Chewbacca managed to shoot down one of the two jet troopers with his bowcaster. After the two skimmers reunited, the second jet trooper managed to destroy both vehicles, but was killed when the skimmers' occupants survived and returned fire.
Personality and traits
Behind the scenes
CS-9147 was created for the 2019 sequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker, and was first identified in the accompanying reference book Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo. Only two jet troopers appear in the film, but the Visual Dictionary does not provide enough information to distinguish which of the two is CS-9147.
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Galactic Guide (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as CS-9147)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary gives CS-9147's age during the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker as twenty-five years old. The reference book also places the events of The Rise of Skywalker one year after the Hosnian Cataclysm, which is dated to 34 ABY by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. As such, The Rise of Skywalker must have taken place in 35 ABY, and CS-9147 must have been born in 10 ABY.
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary states that the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker occur thirty five years after the Battle of Yavin. As Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Yavin to 0 BBY, the events of The Rise of Skywalker, which includes CS-9147's appearance and death, must occur in 35 ABY.
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker