- "Commander Rex, this is CT-0292. I think we have something."
"I'll be right there, Captain."
- ―CT-0292, and Ahsoka Tano
CT-0292, nicknamed "Vaughn," was a clone trooper officer who served as a Clone Captain within the 332nd Company as part of a division of the 501st Legion that was assigned to Clone Commander CT-7567 "Rex" and former Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano. As a soldier in service to the Republic Military of the Galactic Republic, Captain Vaughn participated in the Siege of Mandalore towards the end of the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. During the siege, Vaughn led troopers of the division in the capital city of Sundari, and chased Mandalorian super commandos into the Undercity.
After being lured into an ambush, Vaughn's clone troopers were killed and soon Vaughn succumbed to the same fate. Ahsoka Tano, who was accompanying the troopers, arrived to the scene and held Vaughn's hand as she heard his final words.
- "Captain Vaughn, what have you got?"
- ―Ahsoka Tano, to CT-0292
CT-0292 "Vaughn" was a Clone Captain of the Grand Army of the Republic who served within a division of the 501st Legion during the Clone Wars. In 19 BBY, he participated in the initial assault of the Siege of Mandalore when the Galactic Republic and Mandalore resistance attacked the city of Sundari, where they hoped to capture former Sith apprentice Maul. Vaughn survived the initial landing, where the division took control of the docks, effectively trapping Maul and his supporters inside the city.
As the battle progressed to the Undercity, Vaughn spotted Maul and his forces moving into a tunnel. He contacted Ahsoka Tano, who was officially acting as an advisor to the Republic forces on Mandalore. Together, they led a unit of clone troopers to track down the escaping Mandalorian super commandos. When they were attacked by Maul's supporters, Vaughn and the squad progressed further into the Undercity. However, the squad was drawn out and methodically targeted, with eventually all troopers being killed. Vaughn was among the last survivors, but was critically wounded with a blaster shot to the chest. When Tano arrived at the scene, she held Vaughn's hand as he said his final words, apologizing to her for his failure.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "I'm sorry, Commander."
- ―CT-0292 to Ahsoka Tano, shortly before his death
CT-0292 was a clone of bounty hunter Jango Fett, and as such stood 1.83 meters tall, had naturally black hair, and tan skin. In spite of Ahsoka Tano no longer being part of the Republic Military, he still respectfully referred to her as "Commander." He proved to be eager to rush into combat, which led to his demise in the Undercity of Sundari. Feeling that he had failed, Vaughn was apologetic for allowing himself and his troops to be ambushed.
CT-0292 wore Phase II clone trooper armor with the blue markings of the 501st Legion, and a customized helmet emblazoned with a stylized version of Ahsoka Tano's facial tattoos, which also covered his visor. While on Mandalore, he was equipped with a DC-15A blaster rifle and a jetpack, and his helmet and shoulder armor included integrated antennas. His helmet also included a modified chin extension, and dark red lines that were distinguished from the color used for the stylized face of Tano.
Behind the scenesEdit
CT-0292 first appeared in "Old Friends Not Forgotten", the ninth episode of the canon animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars' seventh season, which first aired on April 17, 2020. The character was first pictured in a promotional poster for the season, posted by the official Star Wars Twitter account on January 22, 2020.
Dee Bradley Baker provided Vaughn's voice for the episode, along with all other clone troopers in the series. His character model was repurposed from that of Commander Cody, who also appeared in the ninth episode. Additionally, Vaughn's name is written as "Vaughan" in the episode guide's concept gallery on StarWars.com. However, the guide's episode gallery refers to him by the former name and the pronunciation of his name in the episode matches that of "Vaughn."
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Old Friends Not Forgotten" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Phantom Apprentice" (Appears as a corpse)
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 clones were based on the genetic template of the human male Jango Fett and created on the planet Kamino. The entry also establishes that they stood at a height of 1.83 meters and had brown eyes with tan skin. Since "Old Friends Not Forgotten" portrays CT-0292 as a clone trooper, this article assumes he shares all those characteristics. states that
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the Battle of Coruscant in 19 BBY. Since the Siege of Mandalore occurred concurrent to the Battle of Coruscant, it can be deduced that it took place in 19 BBY.
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Old Friends Not Forgotten"
- ↑ Episode 709 "Old Friends Not Forgotten". Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International. The Walt Disney Company. Archived from the original on April 17, 2020. Retrieved on April 15, 2020.
- (First pictured)