- "Good soldiers follow orders."
- ―Tup, moments before executing General Tiplar
CT-5385, nicknamed "Tup," was a rookie clone trooper who served in the 501st Legion of the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. During the Battle of Ringo Vinda, his bio-chip malfunctioned, resulting in him executing Clone Protocol 66 prematurely and killing Jedi General Tiplar.
After completing training and joining the fight against the Confederacy of Independent Systems, Tup fought during the Battle of Umbara, serving under Jedi General Pong Krell, who was secretly manipulating the clones into a loss in the hopes of impressing Count Dooku. Tup was one of the many clones who recognized the danger Krell was placing them in, but when "Dogma" convinced him to rat out "Fives", "Jesse", and "Hardcase", Tup agreed to do so, only for both of them to be stopped by "Rex". Later, he participated in a successful mutiny against the Jedi General. He was also revealed to have stunned the General, leading to his capture and later execution.
Later in the war, Tup fought in the campaign on Ringo Vinda. During the campaign, his bio-chip malfunctioned, triggering Clone Protocol 66. As Fives helplessly looked on, the clone shot and killed Jedi General Tiplar before being restrained, and was taken into custody by the Republic. After getting examined by clone medic Kix, the Confederacy and the Sith attempted to capture Tup in order to determine why the protocol was activated, but the Republic and the Jedi were able to bring Tup to Kamino.
- "The mission… Free. The mission."
"Brother, what mission?"
"You… you know the one. The—the mission, the one in our dreams… that never ends. The one in our dreams... Oh, brother. This is the end. Forget the mission. Oh, the nightmare. I'm… free.
"No.. no.. I thought I saved him."
- ―Tup’s last moments with Fives
On Kamino, the Kaminoans withheld the truth about the bio-chip's true nature and claimed that Tup had been exposed to a virus. He ultimately died on Kamino after his biochip was removed by AZI-3, and Fives discovered the truth about the conspiracy before being killed by Commander Fox on Coruscant. At the end of the Clone Wars, the Sith triggered the clone protocol for all clones, leading to the destruction of the Jedi Order.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "CT-5385's condition seems to be deteriorating."
"Tup. His name is Tup."
"Tup? What is a Tup?"
"Tup is my friend. He's not a number."
Tup, as he was a relatively new clone trooper, followed along behind Jesse, Rex, Dogma, Fives and Hardcase. Despite the fact that he was a rookie, Tup was clever to lure Jedi traitor Pong Krell into being captured by a vixus, and was able to stun the traitorous Jedi Master.
However, during the Battle of Ringo Vinda, he entered a trance where he kept saying, "good soldiers follow orders," which eventually led to him killing General Tiplar. The reason for this murder was a malfunctioning Control chip, which was implanted in all clone troopers, the chip carried a secret order to all clones to assassinate their Jedi officers when the time came.
Like the rest of the 501st Legion, Tup wore phase II clone trooper armor with blue markings. Tup's helmet had a blue tear painted near the visor to match his tattoo. Tup used a DC-15A blaster throughout the Clone Wars. His hair was kept in a topknot.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Darkness on Umbara" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The General"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Plan of Dissent"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Carnage of Krell"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Unknown"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Conspiracy" (First identified as CT-5385)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Fugitive" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Orders" (Appears in flashback(s))
- "The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- (Picture only)
- ; image #13 (of 18)