- "Multiple laser hits sent Koon's Jedi starfighter plunging into the heart of the bridge city, destroying a clone staging area (see casualty reports labeled CT-8770 through CT-8910)."
- ―Moff Marcellin Wessel in a report to Emperor Palpatine
CT-8770 was a clone trooper who served the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars. Like the rest of his brethren, CT-8770 was a clone of the 1.83 meter–tall Human male bounty hunter Jango Fett, and was born and raised on the planet Kamino to fight in the Grand Army of the Republic. In 19 BBY, during a battle on the planet Cato Neimoidia, CT-8770 was stationed in a clone staging area in one of the planet's bridge cities. When Order 66 was issued, a command that commanded all clones to kill their Jedi Generals, and General Plo Koon's Delta-7 Aethersprite-class light interceptor was shot down, it crashed into the staging area, killing CT-8770 and 140 other clone troopers. Moff Marcellin Wessel later reported on CT-8770's death to Palpatine, the Emperor of the newly proclaimed Galactic Empire.
Behind the scenesEdit
CT-8770 was first mentioned in the article "Order 66: Destroy All Jedi," written by Daniel Wallace and published in Star Wars Insider 87 in April of 2006. In 2008, the clone trooper received a joint entry with CT-8910—another victim of Koon's crash—in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia.
- "Order 66: Destroy All Jedi"—Star Wars Insider 87 (First mentioned)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Order 66: Destroy All Jedi"—Star Wars Insider 87 establishes that CT-8770 was killed during Order 66, which The New Essential Chronology dates to 19 BBY.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 "Order 66: Destroy All Jedi"—Star Wars Insider 87
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 155 ("CT-8770, CT-8910")