- "Well back before I was born, right after the Clone Wars, the world of Caamas was brutally attacked and hit with enough firepower that the vegetation boiled off the world, leaving it a dead rock, and the vast majority of the Caamasi dead with it. Because of the thoroughness and sheer ferocity of the attack, no one knew who had ordered it or carried it out. And no one knew why it had been carried out."
- ―Corran Horn
Background[edit | edit source]
- "The dark battle fleet gathered over Caamas..."
- ―The Old Recluse
The event[edit | edit source]
- "Mysterious Disaster Strikes Caamas"
- ―Newsreport on the incident
The attack led to firestorms that lasted for years, finishing off the remaining plant life that survived the initial devastation. Surviving animal life was slowly killed off due to starvation or asphyxiation. Most of the Caamasi population were killed in the attack, with an estimated 200 survivors left alive after the bombardment.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
Due to the loss of all plant life, the planet experienced heavy erosion which changed the surface features. Soot and smoke filled the atmosphere, altering the planet's climate, and the oceans became polluted from runoff. Breath masks became mandatory for any visitors to the world who planned on staying outdoors for longer periods of time.
An extensive outrage in the galaxy followed the attack, due to the severity of the crime. Caamasi refugees found temporary homes on planets such as Alderaan, Kerilt, and Susevfi. Alderaan was noted as having a large collection of information on the attack in its royal library.
Years afterwards, the group responsible remained unknown. Imperial propaganda stated that a wayward cluster of high-yield actinium bombs originating with the CIS had detonated on the planet. The Galactic Empire's guilt and the aid given by the Bothans was eventually uncovered. This fact came to a head with the Caamas Document Crisis in 19 ABY.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Coruscant Nights II: Street of Shadows (Mentioned only)
- Coruscant Nights III: Patterns of Force (Mentioned only)
- Rebel Dawn (Mentioned only)
- X-Wing: Isard's Revenge (Mentioned only)
- I, Jedi (Mentioned only)
- Specter of the Past (First mentioned)
- Vision of the Future (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- "The Hand of Zahn"—Star Wars Insider 36
- The Essential Chronology
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 7 (PLA1, Planets of the Core Worlds)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 102 (CAA1, Caamas Document)
- The New Essential Chronology
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- Starships of the Galaxy, Saga Edition
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- The Essential Atlas (First identified as Caamas Firestorm)
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook
- Desperate Allies