Caf Treblanc was a Human male soldier in the Alliance to Restore the Republic during the Galactic Civil War, a conflict fought between the Alliance and the Galactic Empire. By 0 ABY, Treblanc had attained the position of chief in the Alliance. Immediately preceding 0 ABY, the Alliance managed to destroy the Imperial DS-1 Orbital Battle Station superweapon near the moon Yavin 4.
Following the victory, the Royal Award Ceremony was held in the Grand Audience Chamber of the Great Temple, the Alliance's base on Yavin 4. Treblanc was present in the ceremony, standing on a raised dais behind Rebel fighters Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Chewbacca, who were honored for their actions during the battle. Fair-skinned with a brown moustache, Treblanc wore a white uniform with a helmet.
Behind the scenesEdit
Caf Treblanc first appeared as an uncredited Rebel extra seen during the award ceremony honoring the Heroes of Yavin at the end of 1977's Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope film. In June 2012, the character was named by "Rogues Gallery," a feature published in Star Wars Insider 133. At least one other character in the Star Wars universe shared Treblanc's surname. Romeo Treblanc was the name given via Hyperspace's "What's The Story?" feature to a character seen in the prequel trilogy films Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace and Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, respectively. However, it has not been canonically established if the two characters had any relation with each other.
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- The Star Wars Storybook
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope PhotoComic
- Star Wars Manga: A New Hope 4
- Empire 15: Darklighter, Part 4
- Rebellion Era Sourcebook (Picture only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 1 (YAV5, The Battle of Yavin) (Picture only)
- Empire of Dreams
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (Picture only)
- "Rogues Gallery: Celebrating a Rebel Victory!"—Star Wars Insider 133 (First identified as Caf Treblanc)
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology dates the Royal Award Ceremony, which Caf Treblanc was present in, to 0 ABY.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Rogues Gallery: Celebrating a Rebel Victory!"—Star Wars Insider 133
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology dates the Battle of Yavin to 0 BBY.