- "Ah. One cannot get service like this in the Inner Rim…or even in the Colonies."
Calamar was the capital city of Esseles. The planet's pleasant climate and rich history conspired to make Calamar a center of high culture, and its suburbs were dominated by vast parks, art centers, holo-production companies, and places of higher learning such as the Darpa Center of History at Calamar. The Hall of Esseles was the government headquarters, located within the city.
A large cell of the Rebel Alliance was based out of the entertainment district.
- Episode I Adventures 1: Search for the Lost Jedi
- Episode I Adventures 2: The Bartokk Assassins
- Episode I Adventures 3: The Fury of Darth Maul (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Adventures 1: Hunt the Sun Runner
- Star Wars Adventures 4: Jango Fett vs. the Razor Eaters
- Star Wars Adventures 5: The Shape-Shifter Strikes
- (Mentioned only)
- Dark Times 5: The Path to Nowhere, Part 5
- "Galaxywide NewsNets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 6 (First mentioned)
- "Galaxywide NewsNets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 8
- Cracken's Rebel Operatives
- "Into the Core Worlds"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 7
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- The Jedi Academy Sourcebook
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia