Cambylictus trees were a type of tree found in the swampy foothills of the Gallo Mountains on the planet Naboo. Several cambylictus trees grew over the statues of the Gungan Sacred Place, where in 32 BBY the Gungan Boss Rugor Nass stood among the roots of one of these trees as he listened to Queen Padmé Amidala ask for aid amidst the Trade Federation's Invasion of Naboo.
At least three cambylictus trees could be found growing over the stone structures of the ruined temple known as the Gungan Sacred Place, located in the swampy foothills of the Gallo Mountains, north of the Lianorm Swamp on the planet Naboo. The trees made up part of the dense foliage that cut off the site from the outside world.
In 32 BBY, Boss Rugor Nass stood among the roots of a cambylictus tree atop one of the Sacred Place's fallen statues as he listened to Queen Padmé Amidala of the Naboo plead for help in fighting the Trade Federation during the Invasion of Naboo.
Behind the scenes
Cambylictus trees first appeared in the 1999 prequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. They were first identified by name in the new Star Wars canon in the 2016 reference book Star Wars: Complete Locations. The cambylictus tree's name originated in the Star Wars Legends continuity, in the 2000 reference book Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Episode I, written by Kristin Lund.
The trees seen in the film were part of a miniature set built by Industrial Light & Magic. They were included in order to make the scenery of the Gungan Sacred Place a little more exotic than the Whippendell Woods location, where the rest of the scene was shot.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars: The Phantom Menace Graphic Novel Adaptation
- The Phantom Menace Golden Book
- Ultimate Star Wars (Picture only)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (First identified as cambylictus tree)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition (Picture only)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia, New Edition (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, which includes the appearance of the cambylictus trees, to 32 BBY.
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Episode I
- Creating the Worlds of Star Wars: 365 Days