A camera was a type of device that captured light and processed it to produce a photograph, a 2D representation of a specific event.
In the early period of the Galactic Civil War, a passenger for the Star Tours interstellar traveling agency brought aboard a camera among their luggage. It was eventually discovered in the x-ray scanners by the security check-in droid G2-9T, and mistaken for a type of alien weapon. The camera then activated, causing the droid to panic and then tell the scanner to destroy it. After learning that the device was a "camera," he was confused as to what it was as well as slightly irritated. In the pre-boarding video for the Star Tours' StarSpeeder 1000, a Human child also used a camera with the flash option activated at a Mon Calamari and Wookiee passenger, disorienting them, resulting in his mother scolding him.
Behind the scenesEdit
It eventually got an "appearance" of sorts in canon with the ride Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, although only twice: First as an image in a random piece of luggage in the x-ray scanner equipment that G2-9T was overseeing, and later destroyed, and second in the video that aired just prior to the Star Tours ride allowing passengers onto the ride.
- Star Tours
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
- Graveyard of Alderaan (First appearance)
- The Jewel of Yavin
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- "Command Decision"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 11
- "Conflict of Interest"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 13 (as sentry camera)
- "Harm's Way"—The Kathol Rift
- "What They Called Me"—Star Wars Tales 5 (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Padawan Menace (Non-canonical appearance)
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Heroes & Rogues
- The Jedi Academy Sourcebook
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Live-Action Adventures (as mini-camera)
- "Shape-shifters"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 12
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide