A candle was a a cylindrical piece of wax with an embedded wick that was burned to produce light. A candle that had just been lit emitted timid light that grew in intensity. In his private quarters at the Jedi Temple of Coruscant, the Grand Master of the Jedi Order Yoda kept several candles. At some point toward the later stages of the Clone Wars, the Force ghost of the late Qui-Gon Jinn caused Yoda's candles to stir in order to manifest his presence. One type of candle was the votive candle, which was the most common offering brought to the Tomb of Miktrull on Zeffo. They were often lit as a sign of respect and reverence to Sage Miktrull. Generally encased in metal and adorned with carvings. It was said that their flames represented Miktrull's unending power in the Force.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voices" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- Ezra's Duel with Danger (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Visions and Voices"
- "Never Far Behind"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine (In flashback(s))
- Doctor Aphra 8
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi? (Mentioned only)
- "Into the Clouds"—From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back
- Victory's Price
- "The Perfect Weapon"
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire (Mentioned only)
- A Crash of Fate (Mentioned only)
Non-canon appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First identified as Candle)