A cane was an object utilized to assist an individual in walking. They could also be a symbol of high rank or status.
Several well known beings in the galaxy made use of a cane, including Emperor Palpatine and Jedi Master Yoda. Halle Burtoni, an elderly female Senator from Kamino also made use of a cane to assist her movement in her old age. Geonosian leader, Poggle the Lesser, walked with a cane known as the Staff of Command, which symbolized his authority as Archduke. Baron Notluwiski Papanoida's cane seemed to serve as a symbol of affluence, as he was perfectly mobile with out it and did not require it to walk.
While Master Yoda used a simple cane made from Gimer wood, other elderly Jedi fashioned their canes to serve a double purpose - both walking aide and lightsaber. The blind Veknoid Jedi Master Zao fashioned his walking cane to act as the hilt of his lightsaber. Similarly, Tera Sinube, a male Cosian Jedi Master, created his lightsaber hilt as the detachable handle of his cane.
The former Republic clone commando-turned-Mandalorian, Fi Skirata, disliked the idea of using a cane during his recovery from a traumatic brain injury. In lieu of a cane, Skirata's girlfriend Parja Bralor provided the wounded soldier with a traditional Mandalorian hunting spear known as a bevii'ragir to act as a walking stick, which he found to be more dignified than a cane or crutches.
- Knights of the Old Republic 32: Vindication, Part 1 (Retcon)
- Knight Errant (novel)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lightsaber Lost"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sphere of Influence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Murders"
- Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Droids—"A Race to the Finish"
- A Race to the Finish
- "The Spira Regatta"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 1
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Legacy of the Force: Exile
- Fate of the Jedi: Allies
- Fate of the Jedi: Vortex
- Fate of the Jedi: Ascension
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology
- "The Greel Wood Haven"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 6 (as walking cane)
- Gamemaster Toolkit: Live-Action Adventures (as walking cane)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sphere of Influence"
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars: Republic: Darkness
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lightsaber Lost"
- ↑ Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel
- ↑ Legacy of the Force: Exile