- "It's not like they killed her to eat her. It's how they dispose of their dead. They like to think they do their families some good after they're gone. It's rude not to tuck in."
"Cultural diversity's a wonderful thing. What do they do for desserts?"
- ―Null ARC trooper A'den and Republic commando Fi, discussing the Marit's cannibalistic tradition
Cannibalism was the term for when a sentient species, sometimes due to food shortages or famine, ate members of their own kind. The term was also used to describe individual or species who consumed members of other sentient species.
The Rakatan individual known as The One forced many species to revert to this practice. The insectoid Colicoids were known cannibals, eating off-worlders who landed on their homeworld and sometimes capturing vessels which passed too close. The reptilian Marits were traditionally cannibals, as well, though the Marits' only ate those who had already died, and did so as a means of disposing of the bodies in a way they deemed beneficial to the living.
Bossk, a Trandoshan bounty hunter, had cannibalistic tendencies, as he, in addition to savoring Zanibar and Wookiees, had devoured his siblings before they could hatch, as well as his own father later in life.
- Dawn of the Jedi: Force Storm 1 (Mentioned only)
- Dawn of the Jedi: Force Storm 5 (Mentioned only)
- Tales of the Jedi: The Golden Age of the Sith 1: Into the Unknown (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Red Harvest (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan (Mentioned only)
- Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter (Mentioned only)
- The Hive
- Republic Commando: True Colors
- Star Wars: Dark Times: The Path to Nowhere
- Death Troopers
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Galaxy of Fear: The Hunger
- The Mandalorian Armor (Appears in flashback(s))
- Crimson Empire II: Council of Blood 1
- Crimson Empire II: Council of Blood 2
- Legacy of the Force: Exile (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- Cannibalism on Wikipedia