- "What could be better than sailing the spacelanes and boarding vessels! HA! It sounds like a great life! Well, you're missing out, I say!"
- ―Boyrake, to a spacer
Description[edit | edit source]
- "They aren't a very friendly bunch so be careful!"
- ―Boyrake, to a spacer
The Canyon Corsairs were active in the Karthakk system. They were named after the Canyon, an area of the Karthakk system that served as their home. The pirates were also present in other quadrants such as Nym's Hovel, Voria's Ember, the Censorious Tempest Nebula and the Corsairian Crescent. They were based on the planet Lok where they had built a small stronghold out in the wilderness.
The Corsairs were a ruthless band of hooligans promising to wreck havoc on any passing civilian or vessel. The typical Canyon Corsair considered him- or herself above average vehicle pilots and was typically skilled in all sorts of vehicles such as swoops, landspeeders, and starships. Canyon Corsairs spent most of their time working on their vehicles, the parts for which they did not always acquire honestly. In space, Corsair pilots flew Ixiyen-class fast attack crafts, M12-L Kimogila heavy fighters and T-65 X-wing starfighters.
History[edit | edit source]
- "Help our shipments get through to Lok without being hijacked by those Canyon Corsairs."
- ―Shamdon Kree, to a pilot
Around 1 ABY, the Corsairs hijacked several Valarian shipments transported to Nym's organization. Shamdon Kree therefore dispatched elite pilots from Talon Karrde's Smuggler Alliance to deal with the pirates. Many Corsairs were killed, including the pirate leader known as the Canyon Corsair Behemoth.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed (First identified as Corsair Raiders)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Guide: Prima Official Game Guide
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Herald NPC: "A commoner" on Lok
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Point of Interest: "Canyon Corsair's Stronghold" on Lok
- Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Herald NPC: "Talia v'laenya" on Lok
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine